Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Long Days

Work has been irritating lately to say the least, I've been working alone as my assistant hasn't been able to come to work for various reasons the past two months. I find myself not wanting to work and doing things like blogging or devoting all my time to ravelry and searching for yarn sales. I really need to find some focus! On a different note, I've been knitting a ton lately and I have really started to enjoy it more than I did before, I supposed that is what happens when you spend half of your day shopping for yarn and discussing yarn. I'm working on a block for my afghan exchange group right now but once that is done I am beginning a Felted Candy Corn Wreath. I haven't designed my pattern yet, but I bought the yarn, it's quite yummy. I put up 6 jars of pickles the other night and canned the tomato harvest from the previous week. It's starting to get cold here and I'm not sure how much longer I can get good food from the yard. I really neglected the garden this year and will have to devote some time this fall to getting it worked over well for the winter and ready for spring. I'm thinking about trying some potatoes over the winter...we'll see. I've got Zuch's on the counter begging to be used, perhaps this evening I'll make some bread.

No comments: