Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finding a Happy Clean Place

So I've been on a real kick lately to keep my house cleaner. A friend of mine turned me on to http://www.flylady.net/ and it's been a real help. I like that each week you concentrate of decluttering one area of you house so that you don't get overwhelmed. This week is the master bedroom and I got the dresser cleaned off last night and the nightstands are tonight. It's one thing at a time. I've kept my kitchen and bathrooms clean - spotless - since Saturday and it's actually not that hard. I have never been a huge fan of cleaning, but this makes it a little easier to manage. I am looking forward to decluttering my life one room at a time. I'm really scared to make it to the spare bedroom though, so much has piled up in there!
I am working hard on my knitting and I have two blocks done so far which is really a relief.
Here are pictures of my two blocks so far:
IMG_1261
IMG_1251
I'm not sure what design #3 will be but I think that I'll work on my Felted Candy Corn wreath that I want to make for myself. I also bought some material to begin making Christmas presents for family members and such, seems like I have a lot to get done prior to Christmas getting here but with my new found way to clean the house I should have PLENTY of time!

1 comment:

Aija said...

Love the "snowflake" square!